Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by charlie w <sp...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/26 14:28:46 UTC

distributed search server

Is there a way to get a nutch search server to reopen the index in which it
is searching?  Failing that, is there a graceful way to restart the
individual search servers?

Thanks
Charlie

Re: distributed search server

Posted by Enis Soztutar <en...@gmail.com>.
Yes, you have to do it manually for now, but it is not so complicated to
reopen the index if it is changed, using IndexReader's methods.

We are using start-stop daemon to start/stop the index servers. Daemon
can save the pid in a file and then you can kill the process with the
given pid.