Posted to dev@santuario.apache.org by Matthias Niggemeier <m...@thias.de> on 2003/06/10 19:25:54 UTC

Problem with WinCAPI

Hi there!
I tried to use WinCAPI instead of OpenSSL, but when I try
to initialize the Xsec-Lib, I get an exception
"Error obtaining default PROV_DSS". What´s this?
(Win2000 with VC6)

Greetings
Matthias

Re: Problem with WinCAPI

Posted by Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>.
Matthias,

Firstly - wery experimental at the moment.

What I found was that to get things to work well I _had_ to firstly seed
the containers with RSA and DSA key pairs.  Theoretically you can use
the CRYPT_VERIFYCONTEXT in the CrypAcquireContext() calls in the various
tools, which should tell CAPI not to use private keys - I.e. we are just
verifying signatures, but I found there were problems with various
digest functions.  I have not yet had the cycles to sort this one out.

You might want to use the CRYPT_NEWKEYSET flag in the two calls to
CryptAcquireContext in xtest to get it to generate default RSA and DSA
key pairs.

Cheers,
	Berin