Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "Ivanov, Radoslav" <ra...@sap.com> on 2015/05/11 10:30:47 UTC

Common authenticator for both tomcat 7 and 8

Hello

Is there a way to implement a common authenticator for both tomcat 7 and 8? Obviously there is a difference[1] in [org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase] for both versions and I am wondering if I could somehow avoid two implementations.

Details
1. AuthenticatorBase differences:
- tomcat7 -> abstract authenticate(Request request, Response response, LoginConfig config)
- tomcat8 -> no such method and class LoginConfig, which runtime will cause problems.

Thanks
Rado