Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by oski_bear <da...@hotmail.com> on 2016/09/01 02:00:52 UTC

Re: Karaf 4.0.5 prerequisite feature not installed with correct version

FYI your  documentation <https://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest/provisioning>
does not reflect this. Here's a direct quote:

"
The feature with the highest version available in the range will be
installed.

If a single version is specified, this version will be chosen.

If nothing is specified, the highest available will be installed.
"

At the very least this is misleading.

Re: Karaf 4.0.5 prerequisite feature not installed with correct version

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
I see, the documentation clearly needs to be fixed.
Though what I said about feature:install holds true, the behavior is
different afaik.

> I'm sorry but that makes no sense. The documentation is in reference to
> defining a feature. Here it is again with a bit more of the preceding
> content.
>
> "
> It’s possible to define a version range for a dependent feature:
>
> <feature name="spring-dm">
>   <feature version="[2.5.6,4)">spring</feature>
> </feature>
>
> The feature with the highest version available in the range will be
> installed.
>
> If a single version is specified, this version will be chosen.
>
> If nothing is specified, the highest available will be installed.
> "
>
> This pretty clearly seems to be referencing feature definition - not
> feature:install.

------------------------
Guillaume Nodet
Red Hat, Open Source Integration

Email: gnodet@redhat.com
Web: http://fusesource.com
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Karaf 4.0.5 prerequisite feature not installed with correct version

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.
Well, in the case of the feature:install command, this is true, i.e. if a
single version specified will install this specific version.