Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Jani Averbach <ja...@cc.jyu.fi> on 2002/10/17 15:25:58 UTC

swig won't work

Hi!

I have a little bit problems with python-swig:

I get swig-1.3.15, and install it, after that I build svn-3381 revision.

Now if I try run ie. svnlook.py I get following:

$ python svnlook.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "svnlook.py", line 23, in ?
    from svn import fs, util, delta, _repos
  File "/opt/svn/3381-2/lib/python2.1/site-packages/svn/fs.py", line 20,
in ?
    import _util
ImportError: /opt/Python/default/lib/python2.1/site-packages/svn/_util.so:
undefined symbol: svn_io_is_file_executable

Any ideas?

BR, Jani

--
Jani Averbach

Re: swig won't work

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
Jani Averbach <ja...@cc.jyu.fi> writes:

> On 17 Oct 2002 cmpilato@collab.net wrote:
>

> > Do you rebuild the swig bindings?
> >
> > make
> > sudo make install
> > make swig-py-ext
> > sudo make install-swig-py-ext
> >

> Yes, exactly like that. In fact I has build them twice, because I
> suspected that there would be somekind ld problem, but the error is
> still same.

I just updated to head and ran the four steps above, and (after fixing
some broken stuff in fs-test.py) it all works.  Will commit my
fs-test.py fixes right now.

> P.S.  I am a subscriber.

Sorry.  Reply-to-all got you and the dev-list.

Re: swig won't work

Posted by Jani Averbach <ja...@cc.jyu.fi>.
On 17 Oct 2002 cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

> Do you rebuild the swig bindings?
>
> make
> sudo make install
> make swig-py-ext
> sudo make install-swig-py-ext

Yes, exactly like that. In fact I has build them twice, because I
suspected that there would be somekind ld problem, but the error is
still same.

BR,  Jani

P.S.  I am a subscriber.