Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by "Yi, John" <jy...@webmd.net> on 2013/04/08 22:43:21 UTC

[BUG][ACS41][CLOUD-INIT] cloud-init 0.7.2 is not able to pull metadata from cloudstack

CLOUD-INIT 0.7.2 is using a boto library which hardcodes part of the path for getting the metadata for a VM instance. One fix is to add the following rules to the routervm’s docroot /var/www/html/latest/.htaccess:

RewriteRule ^meta-data/$ ../metadata/%{REMOTE_ADDR}/meta-data [L,NC,QSA]
RewriteRule ^meta-data/(.*)$ ../metadata/%{REMOTE_ADDR}/$1 [L,NC,QSA]

I’ve tested this with my CentOS 6 VMs and this fix seems to solve the issue without requiring code changes within cloud-init or boto.

John

Re: [BUG][ACS41][CLOUD-INIT] cloud-init 0.7.2 is not able to pull metadata from cloudstack

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Apr 08, 2013 at 10:56:50PM +0000, Musayev, Ilya wrote:
> John,
>
> Please register with JIRA and create an issue. I will assign the issue to you.

I'd need to set his role to allow issues to be assigned to him.  So I
need the Jira ID.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
John,

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.