Posted to general@xml.apache.org by Jeffrey Rodriguez <je...@hotmail.com> on 2000/05/23 02:15:15 UTC

Xerces 1.1.0 release announcement

Hi,

This note is to announce the availability of the Xerces 1.1.0 release.

This is an interim source and binary release, and incorporates the
following:

- Reworked internals for XML Schema support.
- Updated XML Schema support to April working draft.
- Changed code to notify error handler of content model validation  errors
before calling endElement.

Also incorporates bugs fixes.

You can download the release from http://xml.apache.org/dist/xerces-j/

Check files marked with  "Latest source" and "Latest binaries" labels.

We will attempt another release a week from now.

Thanks,

            Jeffrey Rodriguez
            IBM Cupertino
            XML Development

Re: Xerces 1.1.0 release announcement

Posted by Peter Adolphs <ad...@informatik.hu-berlin.de>.
Jeffrey Rodriguez wrote:

> This note is to announce the availability of the Xerces 1.1.0 release.

Hi,
I wonder why you don't update the Xerces-J-webpage. Is it because you
consider everything that came after xerces-j 1.0.3 to be unfinished? I just
ask because I always had a look on the project page in first place...

Bye,
Peter.

Re: Xerces 1.1.0 release announcement

Posted by Joseph Shraibman <jk...@selectacast.net>.
Ugh.  The memory requirements for a Document have gone *up* in this release.
In 1.0.4 500 simple documents takes  52038 K, with 1.1.0 it takes  56144 K.
I ran a program that makes 500 simple Documents in OptimizeIt and the results
are here:
http://d1.selectacast.net/~jks/data.html