Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Niclas Hedhman <ni...@hedhman.org> on 2003/12/13 17:32:08 UTC

Re: CVS distribuition

Stephen, do you know why the AbstractTestCase is triggered at all. Shouldn't
it be excluded from the list of tests to run?

    [junit] Running org.apache.avalon.composition.model.AbstractTestCase
    [junit] Tests run: 1, Failures: 1, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 0.016 sec

The exception is (as one can expect);
  <testcase name="warning" time="0.016">
    <failure message="No tests found in
org.apache.avalon.composition.model.AbstractTestCase"
type="junit.framework.AssertionFailedError">junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
No tests found in org.apache.avalon.composition.model.AbstractTestCase
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.tags.ant.AntTag.doTag(AntTag.java:232)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.TagScript.run(TagScript.java:279)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.impl.ScriptBlock.run(ScriptBlock.java:135)
	at org.apache.commons.jelly.TagSupport.invokeBody(TagSupport.java:233)

Would it help to declare the class abstract, will JUnit ignore abstract
classes, or just fail differently?

Marc, the failing testcase is not a testcase, it is a superclass for all
testcases, which deals with setting up the test environment.

Niclas

Re: CVS distribuition

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Niclas Hedhman wrote:

>Stephen, do you know why the AbstractTestCase is triggered at all. Shouldn't
>it be excluded from the list of tests to run?

It is - at least on the version of Maven I'm running.
But I've twiddle the project.xml - I think this is question of which Maven
version are you running.

Have also been digging into the unit test code and found a bug related to
duplicate assignment of properties.  I'll be submitting updates to the
repository and merlin packages in the next couple of hours.

Stephen.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org