Posted to dev@mahout.apache.org by Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 11:59:01 UTC

Re: Removing deprecated and unused code?

BTW I'm making pretty good progress clearing out the code Ted
mentions. Any comments?

Posted by Grant Ingersoll <gs...@apache.org>.
FYI, seems the Carrot2 guys might use some of the proposed classes that are being removed.  Hopefully, Dawid or Stazsek will speak up.

-Grant

On Sep 1, 2010, at 8:54 AM, Ted Dunning wrote:

> I opened an issue for promoting exponential and normal distributions.  I am
> traveling the rest of this week though so progress
> won't be super fast (it is half done now).
>
> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:24 AM, Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> +1 to getting this stuff cleaned out. If you're doing it now we might
>> as well get this in for 0.4
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 5:59 AM, Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> BTW I'm making pretty good progress clearing out the code Ted
>>> mentions. Any comments?

>> now.
>> be
>> that

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucenerevolution.org Apache Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8

Re: Removing deprecated and unused code?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Drew Farris <dr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
Would it help you for us to hold back commits for a day?

Or would the opposite strategy help of taking turns on small pieces of this
change at a time?