Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/27 14:43:47 UTC

Return with "html anchor" in listener

Hi,

How do you return an ILink with a html anchor (#) from a listener in Java
class ?

To elaborate, I have a Java class that listen to a Tapestry "Submit"
component. In the listener I am returning an ILink using ExternalService and
ExternalServiceParameter (post-redirect-get). My question is, how do I
return a link with an html anchor (#) ?

I know this could be done using ExternalLink in the page specification
(.page), but how to do it from a Java class ?

I have tried Googling but couldn't find any useful info.

~KEGan

Re: Return with "html anchor" in listener

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Thanks for the input. I finally managed delve into the code, and this is
what I found.

There seems to be no way to give anchor to an ExternalService object or
ExternalServiceParameter object.

What I have done is wrap the the ILink instance (return from
ExternalService), with my own instance (AnchorILink; that extend the ILink
interface), and return the instance of AnchorILink from my listener method.
Hence, I add the anchor informatoin into the AnchorILink instance.

I also found that the methods with anchor in ILink interface is not called,
when the ILink instance is return from a listener method.

Thanks again.

Posted by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Shing,

Thanks for the input. Actually, I am using exactly, the same code as you
have written. However, from the documentation, I cannot seems to find how to

Posted by Shing Hing Man <ma...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by KE Gan <kh...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Apology if I am repeating here ... So anyone know how to return an ILink
with a html anchor (#) from a listener in Java class (using the