Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Joel Espinosa <jo...@cts-design.com> on 2006/10/16 16:51:35 UTC

Re: user Digest 16 Oct 2006 10:25:18 -0000 Issue 6913

> Re: Static objects in Struts Application ..
> De:
> "Craig McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>
> Fecha:
> Sat, 14 Oct 2006 17:05:03 -0700
> Para:
>
> Para:
>

> On 10/13/06, Chris Pratt <th...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Each Web Application within the container is loaded within it's own
>> Context
>> (and ClassLoader) which effectively keeps the static's separate.
>>   (*Chris*)
>

> That is generally true, *unless* you put your libraries in the shared
> classloader(s) provided by the container (in Tomcat, that means
> putting JAR
> files inside the shared/lib or common/lib directories).  In that case,
> the
> statics are shared across *all* webapps using that library, which is
> generally a bad thing.
>
> Craig

Hi

Could do this be useful to  do SSO between Java Web Apps sharing the
same container's classloader?, just a thought.

Regards.

> On 10/13/06, souravm <SO...@infosys.com> wrote:
>> >

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > If there are two different Struts applications
>> > deployed on the same Tomacat instance, what happens to the static
>> > objects within the Struts framework?
>> >
>> > My guess is Struts maintains different Static objects for each
>> application
>> > in a hash map. Can anyone confirm ?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > Sourav
>> >

>> > **************** CAUTION - Disclaimer *****************
>> > This e-mail contains PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION intended
>> > solely for the use of the addressee(s). If you are not the intended
>> > recipient, please notify the sender by e-mail and delete the original
>> > message. Further, you are not to copy, disclose, or distribute this
>> e-mail
>> > or its contents to any other person and any such actions are unlawful.
>> This
>> > e-mail may contain viruses. Infosys has taken every reasonable
>> precaution to
>> > minimize this risk, but is not liable for any damage you may
>> sustain as
>> > result of any virus in this e-mail. You should carry out your own
>> virus
>> > checks before opening the e-mail or attachment. Infosys reserves the
>> right
>> > to monitor and review the content of all messages sent to or from this
>> > e-mail address. Messages sent to or from this e-mail address may be
>> stored
>> > on the Infosys e-mail system.
>> > ***INFOSYS******** End of Disclaimer ********INFOSYS***

Ing. Joel Alejandro Espinosa Carra
Centro de TecnologĂ­a de Semiconductores
CINVESTAV Unidad Guadalajara
Tel. +52 (33) 3770-3700 ext. 1049
http://www.gdl.cinvestav.mx

y se considera que está limpio.
MailScanner agradece a transtec Computers por su apoyo.