Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Fabio Bertone <fa...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/06 16:41:51 UTC

download help

Hi,
I'm trying to download svn 1.4 from this link
(http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/subversion-1.4.0.tar.gz), but
the download speed is awfully low (Time Remaining: 7 hours...).

I'm also experiencing problems seeing the faq page
http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html
So I need to ask you: where can i find a mirror site for the download?

I tried googling the aswer, but "svn mirror download" finds mirror
sites for almost any software handled through svn...

Fabio Bertone
fabio.bertone@fabiobeta.it
http://www.fabiobeta.it

Re: download help

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Nov 6, 2006, at 10:41, Fabio Bertone wrote:

> I'm trying to download svn 1.4 from this link
> (http://subversion.tigris.org/downloads/subversion-1.4.0.tar.gz), but
> the download speed is awfully low (Time Remaining: 7 hours...).

The download completed for me just now in 15 seconds.

> I'm also experiencing problems seeing the faq page
> http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html

Comes up just fine for me.

> So I need to ask you: where can i find a mirror site for the download?

I'm not aware of a mirror. Either the site was momentarily
overloaded, or perhaps your network connection is slow? Can you try a
different one? (If you're at home, try at work, or vice versa.)