Posted to dev@kylin.apache.org by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> on 2022/02/05 14:52:22 UTC

[Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Feb 2022

Hello Kylin developers,
Below is the draft report to ASF board, please help to review and provide
feedback before Feb 8. Thank you!Description:
The mission of Apache Kylin is the creation and maintenance of software
related
to a distributed and scalable OLAP engine
Issues:
No issue needs the board's attention.
Membership Data:
Apache Kylin was founded 2015-11-18 (6 years ago)
There are currently 47 committers and 24 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.
Community changes, past quarter:

   - No new PMC members. Last addition was Xiaoxiang Yu on 2020-10-08.

   - No new committers. Last addition was Shengjun Zheng on 2021-07-07.

We need invite more developers into our community.
Project Activity:
By the end of Jan 2022, Kylin Community released two versions which fixed
six reported security issues.
3.1.3 was released on 2022-01-05.
4.0.1 was released on 2022-01-05.
4.0.0 was released on 2021-08-31.
Community Health:
From Nov 2021, Kylin Community was designing and developing some features
including Kylin 4 on AWS, new metadata definition, new semantic layer which
supports connecting Kylin via MDX.
dev@kylin.apache.org had a 42% decrease in traffic in the past quarter (101
emails compared to 173)
issues@kylin.apache.org had a 31% decrease in traffic in the past quarter
(790 emails compared to 1130)
41 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (-31% change)
37 issues closed in JIRA, past quarter (19% increase)
88 commits in the past quarter (-37% change)
38 code contributors in the past quarter (245% increase)
46 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (4% increase)
42 PRs closed on GitHub, past quarter (-12% change)

Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋
Apache Kylin PMC,
Apache Incubator PMC,
Email: shaofengshi@apache.org

Apache Kylin FAQ: https://kylin.apache.org/docs/gettingstarted/faq.html
Join Kylin user mail group: user-subscribe@kylin.apache.org
Join Kylin dev mail group: dev-subscribe@kylin.apache.org

Re: [Draft][Report] Apache Kylin - Feb 2022

Posted by ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org>.
I just submitted the report to the board. Thanks for your attention!

ShaoFeng Shi <sh...@apache.org> 于2022年2月5日周六 22:52写道: