Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2007/06/04 18:09:23 UTC

[VOTE] Release 3.0.1 RC1 as 3.0.1 FINAL

Hi All

As previously agreed, now the TLP move is almost complete, I've produced a
release candidate for 3.0.1. This has a few bug fixes since 3.0, a few
improvements in the build process, and is labelled as Apache POI instead
of Apache Jakarta POI.

The release candidate is available to download from:
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.0.1-RC1/main/
 	http://people.apache.org/~nick/POI-3.0.1-RC1/maven/

Following some more guidance on the "vote on artificats" policy, I have
created the artificats as if the vote has passed. (That way, if the vote
fails, I zap the artificats to prevent confusion. If it passes, everything
has exactly the right file and directory names to go straight into dist).

So, despite the naming, *these files are only a release candidate* (as the
directory name indicates).

Could everyone give the files a check, especially:
* file and directory names are as expected
* things say Apache POI not Apache Jakarta POI / Jakarta POI
* the maven stuff doesn't break maven

Once you're done, it's time to vote:
  [ ] +1  I support the release
  [ ] +0  I don't care
  [ ] -1  I'm opposed to the release because...

Voting will close on Friday (8th June)

Nick

Re: [VOTE] Release 3.0.1 RC1 as 3.0.1 FINAL

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
note that I don't care about maven (other than my general dislike of
using it).  My specific whine is strictly about having separate artifacts.

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
-1 on publishing separate maven artifacts.  There should be one release.
  That Maven can't handle that we release separate jars is Maven's
problem.  This is not a comment on the POM (other than I wish GUMP
wasn't now broken as a result) or others publishing jars/source releases
for POI.  I'm just against pushing a special maven-only release with any
kind of official/semi-official status.  I also do value the separation
of scratchpad/contrib making it obvious what is considered stable/core
and what is not.

-andy

Posted by Yegor Kozlov <ye...@dinom.ru>.
+1