Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2017/05/12 09:13:18 UTC

[compress] ZIP Integration Tests (was Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.14 Based on RC1)

On 2017-05-12, Bruno P. Kinoshita wrote:

> Build with `mvn clean test` passing OK in my local environment

> Apache Maven 3.3.9 (bb52d8502b132ec0a5a3f4c09453c07478323dc5; 2015-11-11T05:41:47+13:00)
> Maven home: /opt/maven
> Java version: 1.8.0_131, vendor: Oracle Corporation
> Java home: /usr/lib/jvm/java-8-oracle/jre
> Default locale: en_US, platform encoding: UTF-8
> OS name: "linux", version: "4.4.0-77-generic", arch: "amd64", family: "unix"

> Site can also be built with `mvn package site`. No outstanding issues in the reports.

> Integration tests with `mvn test -Prun-tarit` are run quickly and report no issues.

> Integration tests with `mvn test -Prun-zipit` take between 5-10 minutes, and fail (tried twice). Sample error logs: https://gist.github.com/kinow/b7a773721ae94b55b299d421d4655fa3

> Does anyone know if the integration tests are maintained, or whether they are failing for not being updated with the other changes?

Many thanks for running the tests, Bruno!

I must admit I haven't run them for a long time. The ZIP tests require >
5GB of disk space that's why we don't run them on Jenkins. Your gist
doesn't look like a disk space issue, though.

The tests are expected to run very long but not expected to fail. I
don't recall any change that could have broken them but they are
sensitive to the way the file meta data is written.

I'll run the tests myself to see what happens here.

Stefan

Re: [compress] ZIP Integration Tests (was Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.14 Based on RC1)

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Yup, agreed, and based on that, here's my +1, binding.
Thanks and kudos for the quick investigation!
CheersBruno

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID>.
Always happy to help. I started debugging that same test I think, but then realised I had no idea why that test was failing (nor where to start investigating why).
Will have another look during the weekend, unless you have fixed it already (-:
CheersBruno

> I'll run the tests myself to see what happens here.

$ mvn test -Dtest=Zip64SupportIT#writeSmallStoredEntryKnownSizeToFileModeAlways -Prun-zipit

Failed tests:
  Zip64SupportIT.writeSmallStoredEntryKnownSizeToFileModeAlways:1618->withTemporaryArchive:2323 arrays first differed at element [4]; expected:<64> but was:<-1>

I'll try to understand what's going on.

Thanks again

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.

On 2017-05-12, Gary Gregory wrote:

> Can you please add a BUILDING.txt file to the root of the project?

Done.

Thank you!

Gary

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Can you please add a BUILDING.txt file to the root of the project?

It would make it easier for reviewers and contributors to test builds with
additional profiles being documented.

Thank you,
Gary

On Fri, May 12, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 2017-05-12, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
>
> > I'll run the tests myself to see what happens here.
>
> $ mvn test -Dtest=Zip64SupportIT#writeSmallStoredEntryKnownSizeToFileModeAlways
> -Prun-zipit

> Failed tests:
>   Zip64SupportIT.writeSmallStoredEntryKnownSizeToFileModeAlways:1618->withTemporaryArchive:2323
> arrays first differed at element [4]; expected:<64> but was:<-1>

> I'll try to understand what's going on.
>
> Thanks again
>
>        Stefan

JUnit in Action, Second Edition

Spring Batch in Action
Blog: http://garygregory.wordpress.com
Home: http://garygregory.com/
Tweet! http://twitter.com/GaryGregory

Re: [compress] ZIP Integration Tests (was Re: [VOTE] Release Compress 1.14 Based on RC1)

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.