Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2012/05/13 10:03:34 UTC

Housekeeping of jar files

Last reminder before doing what Jacopo proposed at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-4833?focusedCommentId=13260336&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13260336
<<We should also remove derbytools-*.jar together with the ij.sh script that uses it (but it is not working now because it is not
updated): the script doesn't do much apart from running the derbytool jar... in my opinion this can be safely left out of the
project because there is no integration and a developer willing to use it can just setup it in his/her local box.>>

Jacques

Re: Housekeeping of jar files

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
I will begin to push things to Attic, notably what describes Jacopo below and other stuff, see

In my mind this means to create an Attic page in Wiki and to reference there things removed from the repository at some revisions.
Hence people will be able to get them easily (if needed) since they will still be archived in the repository. We will need to
explain that though. It's not obvious to everyone that, even after being removed at some revision, a file is still in the
repository. So you can get it if you update to a revision before the removing.

Agreed?

Jacques
PS: forget it, Jacopo already created https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Attic. I will just add a small
explanation for those who are not Subversion power users...

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <ja...@les7arts.com>