Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am> on 2007/02/25 00:46:55 UTC

multiValued field ordering

Is there any guarantee that if I add a doc like

<doc>
<field name="orderedText">one</field>
<field name="orderedText">two</field>
<field name="orderedText">three</field>
<field name="orderedText">four</field>
</doc>

that they will always come back in the same order during queries? I
don't ever need to query the "3rd field value" but when I get a
document back in a response I'd like those fields to be in order. Is
this going to be the case? If not, is there any other way to have
multiple text entries per field that stay in order, without having to
parse delimiters between entries in a single field?

-Brian

Re: multiValued field ordering

Posted by Yonik Seeley <yo...@apache.org>.
On 2/24/07, Brian Whitman <br...@variogr.am> wrote:
> Is there any guarantee that if I add a doc like
>
> <doc>
> <field name="orderedText">one</field>
> <field name="orderedText">two</field>
> <field name="orderedText">three</field>
> <field name="orderedText">four</field>
> </doc>
>
> that they will always come back in the same order during queries?

Yes, order is always maintained.

-Yonik