Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by "Heise, Robert" <Ro...@Peopleclick.com> on 2005/10/27 12:57:14 UTC

Architectural usage of OSGi/Oscar

Hello,

We are exploring using Oscar (OSGi) as a Plugin framework for web
components.  IE: build a
component and have provide multiple applications to dynamically load
another component.  I know that OSGi is designed to run in it's own
container, is anybody using OSGi in the WEB-app space?  Is anybody
running OSGi under an app-server umbrella?

Thanks in advance, looking forward to hearing back from you.
Rob

Re: Architectural usage of OSGi/Oscar

Posted by Peter Neubauer <pe...@neubauer.se>.
Hi,
Niclas and Tim have written some docs on experiments with Wicket on OPS4J:
http://wiki.ops4j.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=pax:wicket

/peter

Posted by Jeff McAffer <Je...@ca.ibm.com>.
FYI, there is a group of people in Equinox proposing an incubator to look
at server-side OSGi in general.

Jeff

Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>
10/27/2005 03:01 PM