Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by MartinBorris <on...@hotmail.com> on 2008/02/05 15:01:48 UTC

Parameter passing using regexFunction in testing Web services

Hi

I am a newbie to Jmeter and so need your advice on the following:

Does Jmeter allow the following test scenario:

A request is sent to a WSDL and a response is returned.  From the response
certain variables are automatically selected which are then used to populate
a new request.

However the new request is then sent to a different WDSL

We have a case when the response details from one WSDL are used as input for
a test against a different WDSL.

Is this possible and has anyone set such a test before? (Do I need separate
ThreadGroups?)

Note:  I am using the regexFunction to parse the parameters.

Thanks in advance.

Martin

Re: Parameter passing using regexFunction in testing Web services

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On 05/02/2008, MartinBorris <on...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am a newbie to Jmeter and so need your advice on the following:
>
> Does Jmeter allow the following test scenario:
>
> A request is sent to a WSDL and a response is returned.  From the response
> certain variables are automatically selected which are then used to populate
> a new request.
>
> However the new request is then sent to a different WDSL
>
> We have a case when the response details from one WSDL are used as input for
> a test against a different WDSL.
>
> Is this possible and has anyone set such a test before? (Do I need separate
> ThreadGroups?)

No, just add the appropriate sampler.