Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Michael Duffy <du...@yahoo.com> on 2003/04/23 23:06:42 UTC

Servlet Mapping URL Pattern

I have another fundamental question.

I'm writing an application with a servlet in it.  I
package the app into a WAR file and deploy it on
Tomcat using Ant.

There are JSPs in the app that refer to this servlet
in their <form> action.

If the name of my WAR file is app.war, and the
<servlet-name> in the web.xml is appServlet, what
should the URL pattern be in the <servlet-mapping>?

Should it look like:

<servlet-mapping>
<servlet-name>appServlet</servlet-name>
<url-pattern>/app/servlet/appServlet</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

I used /appServlet as my URL pattern, but when I
invoke in from a JSP Tomcat complains that the servlet
is not available.  There are no error messages in any
of the log files.  I can see that the init parameters
are being found, so the servlet is there.  It's when I
call doPost() that there's a problem.  Any advice?