Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Lihong Pei <Li...@xilinx.com> on 2001/11/30 01:54:36 UTC

Question about public id

Hi,
I have a question about public id.
>From the web, it mentioned that public id has to be in certain format like:
        prefix//owner-identifier//text-class text-description//language//display-version.
However, W3C does not mention it and implied it could be in any format what the allowed
PubidChar.
I'm wondering if I write a Xml file with
<!DOCTYPE TypeLib PUBLIC "$XILINX/data/xml/Ldm/Ldm_TypeLib.dtd"
          "http://web/randd/software/xfndry/rtf/data/xml/Ldm/Ldm_TypeLib.dtd" > , in which
$XILINX will be resolved by my own EntityResolver, will it be OK?
Will <!DOCTYPE TypeLib SYSTEM "$XILINX/data/xml/Ldm/Ldm_TypeLib.dtd"> be acceptable? The
concern is that SYSTEM id has to be a URI, while "$XILINX/data/xml/Ldm/Ldm_TypeLib.dtd"
could only be resolved my parse with my own EntityResolver.

Thanks a lot in advance!

Lihong Pei