Posted to dev@quickstep.apache.org by Hakan Memisoglu <ha...@apache.org> on 2016/09/23 20:49:18 UTC

Accidental Push to Master

I accidentally pushed my changes to master directly, then I revert the
changes with forced push. In original ASF repo, everything seems
alright. In Github, the changes have not been reflected yet.

Again sorry for the inconvenience.

Re: Accidental Push to Master

Posted by Hakan Memisoglu <me...@wisc.edu>.
Thanks Julian. I will definitely follow this workflow.

Posted by Julian Hyde <jh...@apache.org>.
Yes, ASF Git is not Github. But the master branch is “protected”, in the sense that if you do a force-push, it will send an email to the commits list noting that it was a force push. (At least, the Calcite git repo works this way. I think this is standard behavior. I might be mistaken.)

Here’s a tip I find useful: I store the username and password of my GitHub fork, but I don’t store the username and password of the Apache remote. When I push to Apache (force or otherwise), git prompts me for username and password, and that makes me think twice before pressing return.

Posted by J Patel <jm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Navneet Potti <na...@gmail.com>.