Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> on 2009/09/02 21:13:29 UTC

Back to normal.....

I THINK we're pretty much back to normal on the three branches after Benson's
big systest refactor.   It's been merged down the branches (and the equivalent
branches at FUSE) so test changes and stuff for bug fixes should be easily
merged down the branches.

There is a "randomly" failing continuations test that I've asked Sergey to
look at, but it's failing on on the branches.   If he cannot find a fix
tomorrow, I'll @Ignore it for a bit.

In anycase, I think we're ok now.   Only took 3 days to do and cost me
something like 25 points in the Hudson leader board (though I'm still nearly
double Sergey who's in second ;-) ), but it looks like we're OK now.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

RE: Failing JMS Continuations test (Was : Re: Back to normal.....)

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.
Thanks Dan for finding the actual issues with the ConduitSelector.
One thing this test has confirmed is that the way JMS continuations are
handled on the server side is pretty rock solid...

Cheers, Sergey

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org

Failing JMS Continuations test (Was : Re: Back to normal.....)

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@progress.com>.

Re: Back to normal.....

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Wed September 2 2009 3:56:58 pm Benson Margulies wrote:
> Inquiring minds want to know: are you gonna move corba tests to their own
> group?

Actually, I'd really want to ask a slightly broader question: how fine grained
should the categories be?   For example: you created an aegis category for
aegis.   Would it have been better to be a "databinding" category that would
cover aegis/jaxb/xmlbeans/sdo?

For the ws-specs, I did it relatively broad.   I could have had a ws-policy,
ws-security, ws-rm, etc... groups, but decided to keep it broader.

Another example, do we have separate http-servlet, http-jetty, jms, etc...
groups or just a "transports" group?

Basically, the broader the groups, the better sharing we can get.   (for
example: I know the JMS and http-jetty tests share a bunch of things related
to the continuations)

To specifically answer your question:  no.  There are two corba test packages:
1) one in org.apache.cxf.systest.corba - that one could be split out, but it's
small.  Not much point.

2) one in org.apache.cxf.systest.type_test.corba - this is part of the whole
type_test framework of tests and cannot be separated out of there (easily).

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org