Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/22 06:31:43 UTC

How do you manage your settings.xml for enterprise build??

Hi

As you already know place settings.xml under ~/.m2 with NFS is unsafe

How do you manage Maven credential for your enterprise build with large
number jenkins slave

Thanks

-Dan

Re: How do you manage your settings.xml for enterprise build??

Posted by domi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
I’m sorry to say, but unfortunately Stephen is right… sorry...
The credentials plugin is integrated, but not up to the folder and user level. Reasons where different ones,
one for sure was time, but i also did not get my head around the way how to integrate the folders plugin (I just did not understand the folder API)
/Domi

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Am Fri, 22 May 2015 09:28:47 +0200
schrieb Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>:

> The issue I've been strungling with is that I would like to use the
> creds of the person performing a Maven release when deploying to the
> Maven repo. Not possible right now out-of-the-box, as the server
> creds in settings.xml

You can let the CI server do the deploy. At least for Jenkins it is
possible to require the password in that case on each deploy. But its
not very convinient. It would be really good to have some sort of user
idendity from the CI trigger down to the repo access.

Gruss
Bernd

Re: How do you manage your settings.xml for enterprise build??

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Domi

Posted by Thomas Broyer <t....@gmail.com>.

Posted by domi <do...@fortysix.ch>.
We use the “Config File Provider Plugin”:
https://wiki.jenkins-ci.org/display/JENKINS/Config+File+Provider+Plugin
/Domi