Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Warner <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2012/04/18 19:16:51 UTC

Can you suggest a method or pattern to consistently promote a document with any query?

Hi, folks,

Perhaps I'm overlooking an obvious solution to a common desire... I'd like to return a specific document with every query, as the first result. As well, I'd like to have that document be the first result in a *:* query.

I'm looking into index time boosting using the boost attribute on the appropriate doc. I haven't tested this yet, and I'm not sure this would do anything for the *:* queries.

Thanks for any suggested reading or patterns...

Best,
Chris

--
chris_warner@yahoo.com

Re: Can you suggest a method or pattern to consistently promote a document with any query?

Posted by Chris Warner <ch...@yahoo.com>.
Browsing all documents and all facets, skipper.

Cheers,
Chris

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.

--
Walter Underwood
wunder@wunderwood.org

Re: Can you suggest a method or pattern to consistently promote a document with any query?

Posted by Jeevanandam Madanagopal <je...@myjeeva.com>.
Chris -

Posted by Jeevanandam Madanagopal <je...@myjeeva.com>.
Chris -

If you have defined 'last-components' in search handler, forceElevation=true may not required.  It gets invoked in search life cycle

<arr name="last-components">
      <str>elevator</str>
</arr>

-Jeevanandam