Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Helen Ge <hg...@mamsi.com> on 2003/07/31 15:37:02 UTC

currency format problem on different platform

Hello,
Can someone help me with the following problem?

I have following JSTL tag used to format currency in a format as
$999,999.99.
It shows '$1,154.51' correctly on my local webserver which is on window
2000. but it shows differently as '¤1,154.51'  on test server which is on
UNIX.

<fmt:formatNumber value="${bill.amount}"
            type="currency" minFractionDigits="2"
                        maxFractionDigits="2" />

How can I use this tag plantform indepently?

Thanks

Notice of Confidentiality:  The information included and/or attached in this
electronic mail transmission may contain confidential or privileged
information and is intended for the addressee.  Any unauthorized disclosure,
reproduction, distribution or the taking of action in reliance on the
contents of the information is prohibited.  If you believe that you have
received the message in error, please notify the sender by reply
transmission and delete the message without copying or disclosing it.

Re: currency format problem on different platform

Posted by Eric W Hauser <eh...@indiana.edu>.
The problem is with the locale on your Unix box.  You have two choices.
Talk to your system administrator and make sure this is set properly on
your Unix box, or explicitly define the locale in your JSP like so:

      <fmt:setLocale value="en-US" scope="request"/>
      <fmt:formatNumber type="currency">
      <c:out value="${bean.value}"/>
      </fmt:formatNumber>