Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Allen YANG <al...@raritan.com> on 2017/07/11 02:45:10 UTC

[FlexJS] Name space question

Hi Team,

I was trying to create a FlexJS project from the example in FlexJS: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FLEX/Application+Structure
I encountered name space issue which I am still confused by, and hope you could help me to understand.
In MyInitialView.MXML file I had a line:
         xmlns:flat="library://ns.apache.org/flexjs/flat">
then I won't be able to compile the following statement successfully.
                      <flat:Panel title="Raritan Deal Registration System" width="350" height="200">
So I changed that to
                      <js:Panel title="Raritan Deal Registration System" width="350" height="200">
And removed xmlns:flat line. Then I could build the example application. The project zip file is here:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ig3b3zovi95ndp/MVCExample.zip?dl=0

What do I have to do to add 'flat' name space and use it successfully in the code?

Thanks for your help.
Regards,
Allen

________________________________

Ce message, ainsi que tous les fichiers joints ? ce message, peuvent contenir des informations sensibles et/ ou confidentielles ne devant pas ?tre divulgu?es. Si vous n'?tes pas le destinataire de ce message (ou que vous recevez ce message par erreur), nous vous remercions de le notifier imm?diatement ? son exp?diteur, et de d?truire ce message. Toute copie, divulgation, modification, utilisation ou diffusion, non autoris?e, directe ou indirecte, de tout ou partie de ce message, est strictement interdite.

This e-mail, and any document attached hereby, may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this e-mail in error) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized, direct or indirect, copying, disclosure, distribution or other use of the material or parts thereof is strictly forbidden.

RE: [FlexJS] Name space question

Posted by Allen YANG <al...@raritan.com>.
Hi Alex,
Thank you for your help; the change added to POM worked.
Since my Flex 3 program uses TitleWindow, PopUpManager, Panel, Canvas, SearchButton, etc., I am trying to learn these then convert the original Flex 3 source files one by one.
Best Regards,
Allen

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Piotr,

Posted by Allen YANG <al...@raritan.com>.
Hi Piotr,
After checking through the flat module, I didn't find something equivalent to Panel. Checking through this is not a very elegant way, but it is a lot more direct.
Thanks,
Allen

The case is that maybe in Flat module there is no equivalent to Panel from Basic module. If I would like to use something to my application and I'm not sure whether it exists I'm checking it directly in module folder. [1] That's probably ugly way, but we don't have ASDoc app online as far as I know to check it.

Flat module has 3 components [1], the rest probably need to be added. We didn't focus on that module to much.

[1] https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/frameworks/projects
[2]
https://github.com/apache/flex-asjs/tree/develop/frameworks/projects/Flat/src/main/flex/org/apache/flex/flat

Piotr

-----
Apache Flex PMC
piotrzarzycki21@gmail.com

Posted by Allen YANG <al...@raritan.com>.
Hi Alex,
I am using Maven. I am trying to read up the document about Maven POM; but so far still have not found an example that looks applicable yet.
Regards,
Allen

Are you using Maven or FB or some other build process?  For Maven you may need to add the Flat artifact to the pom.xml

-Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.