Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by js...@odshp.com on 2002/05/14 22:27:46 UTC

Re: HTTP Proxy Excludes

"David G. Powers" says:
> On Tuesday 14 May 2002 11:58 am, jsexton@odshp.com wrote:
> > I'm having trouble excluding internal servers from an internet proxy
> > in portlets that access data via http.
> >
> > I've set CATALINA_OPTS=
> > "-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy -DproxyPort=80
> > -DnonProxyHosts=*.mydomain.com"
> >
> > and CATALINA_OPTS=
> > "-DproxySet=true -DproxyHost=myproxy -DproxyPort=80
> > -Dhttp.nonProxyHosts=*.mydomain.com"
> >
> > I have also set my url in the portlet xreg entry to be an IP address.
> > I really thought that would work.  But I can not access internal
> > servers.  In general, the proxy works.  I can access external data
> > fine.  I'm using java 1.3.1
> >
> > Is this just not supported?  Is http proxy an all or nothing thing?
>
> Sounds like a routing issue.  You can confirm this using a browser on the
> box running the Portal Service.  Configure the browser to use your proxy
> server.
>
> 1.  Can you surf to external sites?

Yes

> 2.  Can you surf to internal sites?

Yes

> if yes to #1 and #2 then you're set!

I wish!

If I start tomcat with CATALINA_OPTS set for a proxy, all external
sites work but internal sites do not.

If I leave the proxy setting out, then internal sites are fine but, of
course, externals time out.

My question is simply what are the options for a proxy exclude?  I
only found one referance to this sort of setup in the list archive and
I'm guessing that it isn't exactly right.  At least it doesn't help
me.

Does someone have a proxy with internal excludes working?  What are
your CATALINA_OPTS?  I hope I can get this, I've gotten everything
else I need working great!

Thanks!