Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com> on 2004/12/28 01:31:20 UTC

Line continuation in rules?

Is there a way to do line continuation in the rules?  I've got a bunch
of subjects that I want to filter out, and the result is a
600-character wide line.  It works, but it's not the most legible
thing around.

Thanks much,

--
Tim Boyer
tim@denmantire.com

Re: Line continuation in rules?

Posted by Tim Boyer <ti...@denmantire.com>.
On Mon, 27 Dec 2004 20:14:58 -0500, Theo Van Dinter
<fe...@kluge.net> wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 07:31:20PM -0500, Tim Boyer wrote:
>> Is there a way to do line continuation in the rules?  I've got a bunch
>> of subjects that I want to filter out, and the result is a
>> 600-character wide line.  It works, but it's not the most legible
>> thing around.
>
>Nope, rules are 1 line only.  If your line is that long, you're probably going
>to be better off splitting it into multiple rules, btw.

Thanks much - I'll do just that.

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@kluge.net>.
On Mon, Dec 27, 2004 at 07:31:20PM -0500, Tim Boyer wrote:
> Is there a way to do line continuation in the rules?  I've got a bunch
> of subjects that I want to filter out, and the result is a
> 600-character wide line.  It works, but it's not the most legible
> thing around.

Nope, rules are 1 line only.  If your line is that long, you're probably going
to be better off splitting it into multiple rules, btw.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Decapitation cures headaches!