Posted to repository@apache.org by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> on 2007/06/11 19:43:42 UTC

JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Hi folks,

I wrote this to repository@apache.org a couple of days before without
being subscribed but the mail probably got stuck somewhere. So here we
go again:

I found that the newly released jcs-1.3.jar is not accessible in the
maven1 repository. It obviously contains a redirect to the maven2-repo
where it did not arrive. Everything on our side looks ok to me. Could
you please check  what happened?

TIA
Bye, Thomas.

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
On 6/12/07, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
> > Now, do you want to fix it or point people to org.apache.jcs ?
>
> I'll ask the jcs list. Nevertheless I would not have expected the links
> to be created in the m1-repo in such a case.
>
> > The report is here
> > http://repo1.maven.org/maven2-converted-from-maven1/.reports/health-report.xml
>
> I take it you have conversion tools for m1-poms to m2. Would something
> like this be available for ordinary mortals?

No very polished yet but
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/maven/archiva/trunk/maven-meeper/src/bin/m1-m2-conversion/

--
I could give you my word as a Spaniard.
No good. I've known too many Spaniards.

Re: Still no go, was: Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi,

thanks for the clarification. I think it is actually, what I meant (the
m2 repo is canonical and the m1 accesses are redirected to m2), but I
explained it wrong. I meant that the m2 repo has the canonical
information and the m1 repo is just a facade to it.

	Best regards
		Henning

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Yes, looks good now. Thank you.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.
Yes, looks good now. Thank you.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
fixed now

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
fixed now

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <he...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.
Dennis Lundberg wrote:
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-one-plugin/
>
> This is a good tool if you want to convert your existing m1 project to
> m2. It is not suitable for converting stuff that is already in the
> repository.

Looks good. I tried it shortly but I will need to put some stuff into my
m2-repo first. The conversion will help us a lot. Thanks for the hint.

Bye, Thomas.

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Dennis Lundberg <de...@apache.org>.
Thomas Vandahl wrote:
> Carlos Sanchez wrote:
>> Now, do you want to fix it or point people to org.apache.jcs ?
>
> I'll ask the jcs list. Nevertheless I would not have expected the links
> to be created in the m1-repo in such a case.
>
>> The report is here
>> http://repo1.maven.org/maven2-converted-from-maven1/.reports/health-report.xml
>
> I take it you have conversion tools for m1-poms to m2. Would something
> like this be available for ordinary mortals?

You could try the maven-one-plugin, version 1.1 which was just released.
It has a goal one:convert that tried to convert an m1 project.xml to an
m2 pom.xml.

--
Dennis Lundberg

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org>.

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
The source POM was invalid: Unrecognised tag:
'aspectSourceDirectories' (position: START_TAG seen
...&lt;/unitTestSourceDirectory>\n\t\t&lt;aspect
SourceDirectories>... @315:28) .

Re: JCS 1.3 not in m1-repo

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ah...@gmail.com>.
the maven 1 repo isn't browsable.
You artifact seems to be here :
http://repo1.maven.org/maven/org.apache.jcs/jars/jcs-1.3.jar

Arnaud

On 11/06/07, Thomas Vandahl <tv...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I wrote this to repository@apache.org a couple of days before without
> being subscribed but the mail probably got stuck somewhere. So here we
> go again:
>
> I found that the newly released jcs-1.3.jar is not accessible in the
> maven1 repository. It obviously contains a redirect to the maven2-repo
> where it did not arrive. Everything on our side looks ok to me. Could
> you please check  what happened?
>
> TIA
> Bye, Thomas.

Arnaud HERITIER