Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by alex_mass <al...@gmail.com> on 2011/11/11 02:50:10 UTC

How to mix solr query info into the apache httpd logging (reverseproxy)?

Hello

we are using solr beyong a httpd reverse proxy.

We'd like to mix up solr log information together with apache:
* info coming from apache (user_track module to follow user over several
session) etc.
* solr info (nbhits ...)

The idea is that we have all our logs at the same place with a common
format.
And we can make a global log analysis (apache normal + the solr part)

On idea would be to be able to add nbhits into the responseHeader that
apache can see and parse.
Is that possible?

I've trie to make my own public class JSONHeaderResponseWriter extends
JSONResponseWriter {...}

and implement write, adding:
		rsp.getResponseHeader().add("numFoundPIPO", numFound);
But his will add my value to the json response header, not the servelt one.

Is that possible with another method?

Am i simply on the wrong route?

thanks for the help
Alex

Re: How to mix solr query info into the apache httpd logging (reverseproxy)?

Posted by alex_mass <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the answer mixing it up with params will certainly be the easiest
solution.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@gmail.com>.
SolrDispatchFilter is where HTTP headers get set, and currently there isn't really any flexibility on Solr response writers being able to affect HTTP headers.  (note here that it isn't necessarily true that Solr requests are happening over HTTP, so that's not always a given)

You could come up with your own dispatch filter, or perhaps you could push the info you want logged into your Solr requests as additional (unused internal to Solr) HTTP parameters.  Solr will log all parameters sent in, making it a convenient way to add some request context to logs.

	Erik