Posted to users@maven.apache.org by �rico Teixeira <er...@yahoo.com.br> on 2007/11/29 18:19:22 UTC

maven2 with seam archetype

I'm trying to deploy a sample app from the current site :
http://software.softeu.cz/seam/usage.html

When I run the command mvn jboss:deploy -e
I get the error :
[INFO] No server specified for authentication - using defaults
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Mojo error occurred: Server returned HTTP response code: 505 for URL: http://localhost:8080/jmx-console/
HtmlAdaptor?action=invokeOpByName&name=jboss.system:service%3DMainDeployer&methodName=deploy&argType=java.net.U
RL&arg0=file:C:\java\helloApp\target/helloApp.war

If I try to copy and paste the target war file to %JBOSS_HOME%\server\default\deploy I get the following error in JBoss log :
ERROR [org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[jboss.web].[localhost].[/helloApp]] Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.jboss.web.jsf.integration.config.JBossJSFConfigureListener
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

I'm trying to run this sample to use Seam with Maven

Is there any other sample or archetype to use seam with maven ?

---------------------------------

Re: maven2 with seam archetype

Posted by Siarhei Dudzin <si...@gmail.com>.
This is most likely due to conflict of xml parser you try to deploy with the
one in JBoss libraries. Remove it from the archive.
For the questions regarding the archetype you can contact the author of the
library you are trying to use I don't think it's much known here.

And no there is no other archetype that I know of.

Michael Yuan has a blog with examples
http://www.michaelyuan.com/blog/category/seam/ it requires some refactoring
(easy if you're familiar with maven and dependency mechanisms).