Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sudha Ponnaganti <su...@citrix.com> on 2012/10/01 01:07:08 UTC

RE: [ASFCS40) Pending defect fixes and Closure of QA cycle

Noah,

Here is the mail thread that shows dates that have been proposed and formalized -  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-cloudstack-dev/201207.mbox/%3C6005BE083BF501439A84DC3523BAC82DE204F16A7E@LONPMAILBOX01.citrite.net%3E

Since then we have delays and I couldn't locate the update on this mail thread which shows new date of Oct 5th. But that is the date we are executing against.

In any case I would think this need to be reviewed unless we have addressed all open issues by Monday AM PST.

Thanks
/Sudha

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@tumbolia.org>.
Ah, cool. Thanks.

The reason I picked this out is that the language concerned me. Releases
are decided by the community. So in some instances, it can take weeks (or
longer) to get a release out of the door. (This is rare, but can happen if
there are problems identified.) There is nothing wrong in setting targets.
In fact, that's a very good thing. But ultimately, the community decides
the release date when they successfully vote for a release artefact. :)

Thanks,

On Mon, Oct 1, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Sudha Ponnaganti <

--
NS