Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Sven Pfeiffer <sv...@innoface.de> on 2005/08/19 12:58:48 UTC

getting 409 after checkin

Hi list,

I have a folder called repository which is put under version-control, .
auto-version is set to checkout-checkin.

to increase the version I have to do a checkout, then a put and then a checkin.
Is this correct?

My code is the following:

final HttpURL httpUrl = new HttpURL("http://localhost:8080/slide/public/files/repository");
httpUrl.setUserinfo("user", "password");

final WebdavResource res = new WebdavResource(httpUrl);
res.checkoutMethod(httpUrl.getPath() + "/" + file.getName());
res.putMethod(httpUrl.getPath() + "/" + file.getName(), file);
res.checkinMethod(httpUrl.getPath() + "/" + file.getName());

if I perform this when checkin a source the first time I get:

CHECKOUT, 404 "Not Found"
PUT, 	    201 "Created"
CHECKIN,  409 "Conflict"

if it is not for the first time I am getting:

CHECKOUT, 200 "OK"
PUT, 	    204 "No Content"
CHECKIN,  201 "Created"

Why do I get a 409 "Conflict"? Is this expected? Am I doing something wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SVen