Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Wayne Connolly <wa...@measanctum.com> on 2010/05/19 03:36:44 UTC

Editing a Online Schema Editor Project

Hi all,

Firstly great project. Amazing effort. Been using it for a long time now.

The Setup:
-ubuntu : 2.6.18-028stab067.4-ent #1 SMP Thu Jan 14 22:32:05 MSK 2010
i686 GNU/Linux
-OpenLDAP: slapd 2.4.15 (Mar 19 2009 10:08:25)
-apacheds 1.5.3.v20100330 in eclipse galileo.

My initial steps: We have created a schema and are using it fine with
our applications and have imported the schema(via schema editor)  from
the online server and can now see the complete attribute and objectclass
list including all the custom ones we have added.

My problem: Once i have added a new attribute via the GUI in
apacheds/eclipse it is saved and appears in the schema list but not in
the actual schema browser. Therefore it can't be used.

My question: How do we load/export/import schema changes into the server
after we have edited/added them via the schema editor GUI?

Cheers,
Wayne

Re: Editing a Online Schema Editor Project

Posted by Wayne Connolly <wa...@measanctum.com>.
Thanks so much for your reply Emmanuel - I figured as much. Currently it
can be done in a round about way using apacheds schema editor(source
code view) and removing line breaks and tabs and pasting into the ldif
schema as new olc types -  which is good enough at the moment.

For very big custom applications this would be a handy feature although
its not a much desired one - truth be that editing the ldifs with vi
isnt hard anyway if need be.

Appreciate the response and only today did i download nextstudio - nice
that it comes with a ldap server to test in for windows machines. Very
handy indeed.

Cheers,
Wayne

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.