Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro <ma...@tirasa.net> on 2012/09/14 16:58:29 UTC

Jackrabbit content repository and Mysql Cluster

Hi all,

I have a problem with an application that uses jackrabbit as content repository that should be installed on a Mysql Cluster.
The Mysql Cluster work with ndbcluster storage engine and I have problems with text/blob columns.

Suggestion?

Regards
Marco
--

Dott. Marco Di Sabatino Di Diodoro
Tel. +39 3939065570

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PPMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~mdisabatino

Re: Jackrabbit content repository and Mysql Cluster

Posted by Ian Boston <ie...@tfd.co.uk>.
Hi
ndbcluster was not designed to use blobs, you might want to change to
using varbinary instead.[1] (you will have to change core jackrabbit
code (the persistence manager) to do that).

Also, why ndbcluster ?
IIRC You have to  put the entire db in ram with ndbcluster.
Wouldn't Innodb with mysql multimaster or master-slave be better [2] ?
And do you really need a mysql cluster ? Or would a Jackrabbit cluster
on  a reliable mysql backend suffice.

HTH
Ian

1 https://blogs.oracle.com/LinuxJedi/entry/blobs_in_mysql_cluster