Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Randy Layman <ra...@aswethink.com> on 2001/02/15 18:51:29 UTC

RE: URGENT! TomCat won't run my servlets - part 2

	Well, I'll start by covering the obvious basic things first:
	1.  Are you sure that you are hitting the Tomcat Server (if its not
using mod_jk you have to edit the default server.xml file to make Tomcat
listen to port 80)

	2.  Have you moved the web.xml file over (if you are using servlet
mappings)?

	If these aren't the problem, then the question to you is, what is
happening?  404 Errors?  500 Errors?  Anything in the logs of Tomcat?  Is it
possible that your servlets are hanging (and thus not giving a response -
this would be characterized as a the web browser timing out)?  Is Tomcat
crashing?

	Randy