Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com> on 2013/02/26 13:55:07 UTC

Simulator - adding cluster fails

I am trying to run some tests using simulator off latest from 4.1 branch, but it fails when I try to add a cluster of hypervisor type "Simulator". I get the following error:
ERROR 431: Could not find corresponding resource manager for Simulator.
API I used was:
http://localhost:8096/client/?command=addCluster&hypervisor=Simulator&clustertype=CloudManaged&zoneId=1&podId=32be7171-4707-443d-9127-8599fd9a60e7&clustername=SimCluster1

I built with simulator using the following steps:

mvn install -Dsimulator
cp agent-simulator/tomcatconf/components-simulator.xml.in client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/components-simulator.xml
Refer to components-simulator.xml in environment.properties

mvn -P developer -pl developer  -Ddeploydb

mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb-simulator
mvn -pl :cloud-client-ui jetty:run -Dsimulator

Any pointers to what I might be missing here? I remember I was able to get this work couple of weeks back and I was able to deploy simulator VMs..etc.  I am not sure if javelin merge calls for any changes to be done in the above steps...

Thanks,
Sowmya

RE: Simulator - adding cluster fails

Posted by Sowmya Krishnan <so...@citrix.com>.
Ok. Worked with the fix. Thanks!

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 06:55:42PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 06:25:07PM +0530, Sowmya Krishnan wrote:
> > I am trying to run some tests using simulator off latest from 4.1
> > branch, but it fails when I try to add a cluster of hypervisor type
> > "Simulator". I get the following error:
> > ERROR 431: Could not find corresponding resource manager for Simulator.
> > API I used was:
>
> > http://localhost:8096/client/?command=addCluster&hypervisor=Simulato
> > r&clustertype=CloudManaged&zoneId=1&podId=32be7171-4707-443d-9127-85
> > 99fd9a60e7&clustername=SimCluster1
> >
> > I built with simulator using the following steps:
> >
> > mvn install -Dsimulator
> > cp agent-simulator/tomcatconf/components-simulator.xml.in
> > client/target/cloud-client-ui-4.1.0-SNAPSHOT/WEB-INF/classes/compone
> > nts-simulator.xml Refer to components-simulator.xml in
> > environment.properties
> >
> > mvn -P developer -pl developer  -Ddeploydb
> >
> > mvn -P developer -pl developer -Ddeploydb-simulator mvn -pl
> > :cloud-client-ui jetty:run -Dsimulator
> >
> > Any pointers to what I might be missing here? I remember I was able
> > to get this work couple of weeks back and I was able to deploy
> > simulator VMs..etc.  I am not sure if javelin merge calls for any
> > changes to be done in the above steps...
> >

> Was broken since javelin. I fixed it last week or so on master (edac89).
> Hadn't cherry-picked to 4.1 yet. Done now (6977e7b)
>
> This is how I run it:
>
> mvn -Psimulator clean install
> mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer -Ddeploydb mvn -Pdeveloper -pl developer
> -Ddeploydb-simulator mvn -pl client jetty:run

Also You'll have to uncomment the simulator related beans in componentContext.xml.in before building

components-simulator.xml.in is deprecated.

I filed a bug to get rid of our ComponentLocator vestiges to make it less confusing:

Prasanna.,

Re: Simulator - adding cluster fails

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.