Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Ryan Bloom <rb...@covalent.net> on 2002/06/18 03:06:30 UTC

RE: I asked this on the freebsd-general list...

To the best of my knowledge, we have told FreeBSD that their threading
support doesn't work with Apache.  In general, we have found
inconsistent return values with a lot of the networking APIs when
threading was enabled.

There are rumors that these are fixed in 5.0, but I haven't tested it.
Suffice to say, we worked for a long time to get apache.org to run a
threaded MPM, and we always found that pages were being truncated for no
reason.  After digging into it, we found that the problem was the
freebsd network layer when threads were enabled.

Ryan

Ryan Bloom                  rbb@covalent.net
645 Howard St.              rbb@apache.org
San Francisco, CA