Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Simon Willnauer <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/11/26 11:15:21 UTC

What about a Unicode support release

Since 3.0 is almost out of the door and development on Unicode support
for supplementary characters has already started heavily (I like the
word heavy - like uwe) I see a lot of stuff going on in the flex
branch which seems to be a huge change that might take quite a while
to finish / be releaseable. Other nice features like the automation
stuff seems to be ready in the near future and together with the
unicode support this appears to be one of the missing features in
Lucene these days.
I wonder if we should go forward and try to finish these features and
proceed to 3.1. This will not slow down any other development as far
as I can see and many people might be happy with those features.

does that seem to be feasible?

simon