Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Maxence Vanbesien <mv...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/22 10:49:10 UTC

Tapestry Eclipse Plugin on the Eclipse Market Place

Hello all,

I saw in the following thread (

) that there was a Tapestry Development Eclipse plugin that was initiated.

Also, I would like to share with you that we had the same initiated more
than a year ago, the same kind of initiative, and we delivered months ago a
stable version of the Webtools for Tapestry plugin (WTT)

The source code is available there :
https://github.com/awltech/webtools-tapestry.
It can also be installed from an Update Site, as described on
http://eclipse.worldline.com, and from the Eclipse Marketplace, (
https://marketplace.eclipse.org/content/web-tools-tapestry-wtt)

Don't hesitate to give it a try and to come back to me for any
information/question.

In behalf of the WTT developing team in Worldline by Atos, I would like to
thank you all,

Maxence

Re: Tapestry Eclipse Plugin on the Eclipse Market Place

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
The docs are here: https://github.com/awltech/webtools-tapestry/wiki/_pages

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 1:10 AM, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:08:56 -0200, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
> thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>  Nice! But what are its features? What does it do? I couldn't find any
>> documentation.
>>

> Ooops, I've found it: http://awltech.github.io/webtools-tapestry/. The
> link to this URL is a little bit hidden.
>

> --
> Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> http://machina.com.br

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Tapestry Eclipse Plugin on the Eclipse Market Place

Posted by françois facon <fr...@gmail.com>.
Salut Charles,

Yes, you are right and I know that Maxence share the same view.
After that, it's only question of priority.
Any feedback is welcome ;)

François

Posted by Maxence Vanbesien <mv...@gmail.com>.
About the last question, this is my mistake... :) I don't really know what
the communication didn't go farther than the market place...
And yes, I really think that the forces should be joined to propose a
single one covering a wider scope.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxence Vanbesien <mv...@gmail.com>.
Also, for information, because this is something that has not been
delivered yet, more than the easy creation of pages or components, we plan
to integrate the easy creation of sample and new tapestry projects. This
will be based on Application Profiles (
https://github.com/awltech/eclipse-appprofiles/wiki/How-to-create-a-new-Application-in-Application-Profile-Wizard)
that fully integrates a configurable project creation, as soon as there is
a maven archetype for it.

Hope you like it :)

Posted by Maxence Vanbesien <mv...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maxence Vanbesien <mv...@gmail.com>.
Hello Lance,

The plugin you are talking about is the one that was initiated some years
ago around the google summer of code.
Here, we reinvested what was already done to build WTT (At least, WTT
contains all the features of tapestry tools).

So I think that we can say that WTT is the version +1 of tapestry tools...

Posted by Dmitry Gusev <dm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maxence,

it's a pity I couldn't find it before I started developing new one.

Your plugin is more advanced in some areas like completion suggestions
(where I'm only beginning implementing those things),
and those editable templates are great!
However some things are missing, like navigation to @Imported JS and CSS
files and creating those files in context.

I agree with Charles it may be a waste of efforts - developing both of the
plugins in a competing manner.
It would be great if we could find a way to merge them somehow,
or make it possible running together without conflicts in the same
environment.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2014 at 10:07 AM, Charlouze <me...@charlouze.com> wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Isn't it sad to waste effort on several eclipse plugins ? I don't know
> which one is the more advanced plugin but it could be great to merge both
> into one unique powerful tool for eclipse users.
>
> Charles
>

> 2014/1/22 Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>
>
> > On Wed, 22 Jan 2014 19:08:56 -0200, Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <
> > thiagohp@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  Nice! But what are its features? What does it do? I couldn't find any
> >> documentation.
> >>

> > Ooops, I've found it: http://awltech.github.io/webtools-tapestry/. The
> > link to this URL is a little bit hidden.
> >

> > --
> > Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
> > Tapestry, Java and Hibernate consultant and developer
> > http://machina.com.br

Dmitry Gusev

AnjLab Team
http://anjlab.com

Re: Tapestry Eclipse Plugin on the Eclipse Market Place

Posted by Charlouze <me...@charlouze.com>.
Hey,

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.