Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Bulldog20630405 <bu...@gmail.com> on 2022/02/28 15:12:25 UTC

accumulo doesnt respect umask

we have set our user umask to 0027; however, the "accumulo data" table
directories get written as 755 and rfiles as 644

how to you configure acucmulo so it will create data and write rfiles with
a specific permissions?
we want our accumulo to write as 750/640

Re: accumulo doesnt respect umask

Posted by Bulldog20630405 <bu...@gmail.com>.
thanx Dave...

we are using hadoop 3.x on a local file system
what we did to fix this problem:

add the following to core-site.xml:
*fs.permissions.umask-mode*

instead of setting *dfs.permissions.umask-mode* in hdfs-site.xml

Posted by Dave Marion <dl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Dave Marion <dl...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Bulldog20630405 <bu...@gmail.com>.
we are using accumulo 1.10.x