Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Michael McCaffrey <mm...@ittvis.com> on 2009/09/14 19:11:42 UTC

Lucene uninstall

Something strange happening with my lucene install.

I started out by installing the fulltext:by_subject function per the
install which worked fine.

I then changed the design document to remove the by_subject and added
two functions that reference fields in my documents.

For some reason the two new functions and the deleted by_subject
function are now available after restarting couch.

The by_subject function is no longer in the design doc when looking in
futon but can still be queried.

Seems it's stuck in there somewhere. Is there somehow to clear it?

Design doc

   "fulltext": {

       "by_description": {

           "defaults": {

               "store": "yes"

           },

           "index": "function(doc)

           { if (doc.description)

             {

                var ret=new Document();

                ret.add(doc.description);

                return ret ;

             }

             }"

       },

       "by_title": {

           "defaults": {

               "store": "yes"

           },

           "index": "function(doc)

           { if (doc.title)

             {

                var ret=new Document();

                ret.add(doc.title);

                return ret ;

             }

             }"

       }

   }

Thanks

Mike

RE: Lucene uninstall

Posted by Michael McCaffrey <mm...@ittvis.com>.
I'm using lucene 0.4. I'll try deleting the directory.

Thanks

What version of couchdb-lucene are you using?

The simplest way to clear this if it's not happening automatically
(which it should), is to stop couchdb, delete the lucene/ directory,
and restart. The index will be rebuilt.

B.

Re: Lucene uninstall

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.