Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/23 17:14:08 UTC

Re: Storage utilisation not decreasing when memory utilisation reaches 70%

Is the advice from https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/AMQ-2834
relevant to your use case?

On 23 July 2010 15:32, Pavel Moravec <pa...@acision.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> we experience the following problem when using Active-MQ 5.3.2 for
> forwarding persistent messages.
>
> Time to time, consumers don't read mails from Active-MQ sufficiently fast so
> memory utilisation reaches 70%. Further mails are stored on disk and storage
> utilisation is growing. Once consumers are ready again, all the stored
> emails both from memory and disk are consumed. However, storage utilisation
> does not drop back to zero.
>
> Repeating the scenario above, I finished with (almost) no email in memory or
> in storage while storage usage is 100%. Active-MQ is not accepting new mails
> while it is not feeding consumers having nothing inside. A restart resolves
> the problem.
>
> Can't be there something wrong with the storage utilisation counter? Has
> somebody met the same issue already?
>
> Thanks in advance for a feedback.

http://blog.garytully.com

Open Source Integration
http://fusesource.com

Re: Storage utilisation not decreasing when memory utilisation reaches 70%

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pa...@acision.com>.
Hello,
I identified the source of problems but don't understand why the
configuration causes them. When I comment out:

<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="20mb">

(or simply set producerFlowControl to false), then the problems disappear.
Can't be there some problem with the producer flow control?

Pavel

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pa...@acision.com>.

Posted by Reynald Borer <re...@elca.ch>.

Posted by Pavel Moravec <pa...@acision.com>.