Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Kee Hinckley <na...@somewhere.com> on 2002/05/22 19:11:27 UTC

Using %fdat inside a url - embperl 1.3.3

I wrote a routine that takes a reference to %fdat and constructs a
URL (it temporarily turns $escmode to 0).  After a lot of confusion I
finally figured out why it wasn't working.

This
	[- foo(\%fdat) -]
passes a reference to a hash

This
passes the first element of the hash

I can get around the problem by using a temporary variable, but is
there any other way?  And what's the reason for this?
--

Kee Hinckley - Somewhere.Com, LLC
http://consulting.somewhere.com/

everyone else's.

Re: Using %fdat inside a url - embperl 1.3.3

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.

> This
> passes the first element of the hash
>
> I can get around the problem by using a temporary variable, but is
> there any other way?  And what's the reason for this?

Use you have set optRawInput the \ is treated as escape before %fd, which is
an URL escape. Either set optRawInpit in EMBPERL_OPTIONS or use two \

Gerald