Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net> on 2000/11/20 20:56:55 UTC

someone pls fix i18n/iconv

I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:

   locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
   locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
   locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`

This is due to:

   cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
   cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
               `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
   cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
               `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
   cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up

Thanks,
-Karl

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> That should have been "Will, you need to fix some Makefiles", as in Will
> Rowe.
>
> Sorry about the confusion

That'll teach you to deviate from the accepted terminology: OtherBill.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by Ben Laurie <be...@algroup.co.uk>.
rbb@covalent.net wrote:

> That should have been "Will, you need to fix some Makefiles", as in Will
> Rowe.
>
> Sorry about the confusion

That'll teach you to deviate from the accepted terminology: OtherBill.

Cheers,

Ben.

--
http://www.apache-ssl.org/ben.html

Re: Done: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> [...]

Probably because you committed from your tree that was checked out from
httpd.

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

thx, always the obvious. now the q - why didn't it work?

I'll be committing something interesting later this eve,
so I will go back and check the group.

RE: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

Use chgrp apr Makefile,v

Ryan

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

On 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net writes:
> > I'm getting all the ones I can do.  Will You need to fix some Makefiles,
> > because you own them.
>
> ?  I don't own anything in there -- I've never touched that
> repository, and don't have `sudo'...
>
>    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr
>    locus$ ls -lR | grep kfogel
>    locus$
>
> Anyone who has root can take care of it, though.  Does anyone on this
> list have root on locus?
>
> The reason it's urgent for Subversion is that the first time some
> developer updates their working copy right now, they're going to lose
> their old APR tree, but not get a complete new one.  So they may not
> be able to build Subversion.  This is bad. :-) And also, I know who's
> going to have to answer all the questions about it on the Subversion
> dev list. :-)
>
> -K
>
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:
> >
> > > I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:
> > >
> > >    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
> > >    locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
> > >    locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`
> > >
> > > This is due to:
> > >
> > >    cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
> > >    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> > >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
> > >    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> > >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
> > >    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Karl
> > >

> > _______________________________________________________________________________
> > Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.
> > San Francisco, CA 94131

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
That should have been "Will, you need to fix some Makefiles", as in Will
Rowe.

Sorry about the confusion

On 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:

> rbb@covalent.net writes:
> > I'm getting all the ones I can do.  Will You need to fix some Makefiles,
> > because you own them.
>
> ?  I don't own anything in there -- I've never touched that
> repository, and don't have `sudo'...
>
>    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr
>    locus$ ls -lR | grep kfogel
>    locus$
>
> Anyone who has root can take care of it, though.  Does anyone on this
> list have root on locus?
>
> The reason it's urgent for Subversion is that the first time some
> developer updates their working copy right now, they're going to lose
> their old APR tree, but not get a complete new one.  So they may not
> be able to build Subversion.  This is bad. :-) And also, I know who's
> going to have to answer all the questions about it on the Subversion
> dev list. :-)
>
> -K
>
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:
> >
> > > I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:
> > >
> > >    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
> > >    locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
> > >    locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`
> > >
> > > This is due to:
> > >
> > >    cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
> > >    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> > >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
> > >    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> > >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
> > >    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > -Karl
> > >

> > _______________________________________________________________________________
> > Ryan Bloom                        	rbb@apache.org
> > 406 29th St.
> > San Francisco, CA 94131

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.

Posted by Karl Fogel <kf...@galois.collab.net>.
rbb@covalent.net writes:
> I'm getting all the ones I can do.  Will You need to fix some Makefiles,
> because you own them.

?  I don't own anything in there -- I've never touched that
repository, and don't have `sudo'...

   locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr
   locus$ ls -lR | grep kfogel
   locus$

Anyone who has root can take care of it, though.  Does anyone on this
list have root on locus?

The reason it's urgent for Subversion is that the first time some
developer updates their working copy right now, they're going to lose
their old APR tree, but not get a complete new one.  So they may not
be able to build Subversion.  This is bad. :-) And also, I know who's
going to have to answer all the questions about it on the Subversion
dev list. :-)

-K

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:
>
> > I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:
> >
> >    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
> >    locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
> >    locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`
> >
> > This is due to:
> >
> >    cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
> >    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
> >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
> >    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
> >                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
> >    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
> >
> > Thanks,
> > -Karl

> 406 29th St.
> San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
I'm getting all the ones I can do.  Will You need to fix some Makefiles,
because you own them.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:

> I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:
>
>    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
>    locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
>    locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`
>
> This is due to:
>
>    cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
>    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
>                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
>    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
>                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
>    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> Thanks,
> -Karl

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131

Re: someone pls fix i18n/iconv

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
I'm getting all the ones I can do.  Will You need to fix some Makefiles,
because you own them.

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, Karl Fogel wrote:

> I don't have `sudo' on locus.  Can someone please do:
>
>    locus$ cd /home/cvs/apr/i18n
>    locus$ sudo chgrp -R apr .
>    locus$ sudo chmod ug+rwx `find . -type d`
>
> This is due to:
>
>    cvs server: Updating i18n/unix/iconv
>    cvs server: failed to create lock directory in repository
>                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv': Permission denied
>    cvs server: failed to obtain dir lock in repository
>                `/home/cvs/apr/i18n/unix/iconv'
>    cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
>
> Thanks,
> -Karl

406 29th St.
San Francisco, CA 94131