Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Joe Bowser <bo...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 23:24:51 UTC

Our Dev Flow Sucks

Hey

So, I'm trying to catch up on all the changes that have been done, and
I'm finding that EVERYTHING IS BROKEN! While a bunch of changes were
done on master, they break what's on master in the plugins because we
do plugin dev in the dev branch.  Also, I don't see any documented way
of switching to all the branches with coho that's documented, so I
have no idea how we're supposed to do dev on this thing anymore.

Can we please do the same thing with plugins that we do with the
platforms? Plugins don't have to have the same version numbers as the
platforms, but it would be good if master on the platforms matched up
to what we would expect to see on the plugins. This dev branch crap is
slowing things down and making things much harder.

Joe

Re: Our Dev Flow Sucks

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
As far as I'm aware, this is enforced on us by the current plugin
repository not supporting custom branches/hashes for plugin downloads?  As
soon thats fixed we are free to switch to doing dev on master for plugins,
should we chose to.

-Michal

Re: Our Dev Flow Sucks

Posted by Michal Mocny <mm...@chromium.org>.
Also, coho has some nifty ways to filter the list of sub-projects (but not
sub-modules) based on type (such as foreach plugin)

Re: Our Dev Flow Sucks

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
We're not using submodules :)

Re: Our Dev Flow Sucks