Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Peter Klotz <pe...@blue-elephant-systems.com> on 2006/04/07 17:41:18 UTC

same su in multiple deployed sa

Hi,

what happens when one deploys multipe service assemblies that contain the same
service units?

sa1
 \-- su1
  \-- su2

sa2
  \--su3
   \-- su1

Is su1 deployed once or twice always under the assumption of course that the
names and configuration or even the zip file is the same?

Thanks, Peter

Re: same su in multiple deployed sa

Posted by Peter Klotz <pe...@blue-elephant-systems.com>.
Guillaume Nodet wrote:
> If you read the spec (section 6.6, pages 78-79), the JBI spec defines
> that if an SU is deployed onto a component with the same name and zip
> content than a previously deployed SU, this should be ok.
> However ServiceMix does not perform such a duplicate detection and
> will likely fail such a deployment.  Do you have a real need for that

Not necessarily, I just wanted to know whether I have to take care about
creating the SAs such that there is no SU in multiple SAs or not. It seems it is
a good idea to do so.

> Also, note that the end of section 6.6 says that a SA deployment
> should be an error, only if all SU deployment fail.  This is not
> currently the case, as ServiceMix considers the SA deployment to be
> successfull only if all SU deployment are successfull.
This servicemix behaviour makes sense to me.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
?

Also, note that the end of section 6.6 says that a SA deployment
should be an error, only if all SU deployment fail.  This is not
currently the case, as ServiceMix considers the SA deployment to be
successfull only if all SU deployment are successfull.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet