Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "David W. Van Couvering" <Da...@Sun.COM> on 2006/01/20 20:34:34 UTC

Test Regressions guidelines Wiki page

See http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TestRegressions, please feel free to
edit or comment.

David

Re: Test Regressions guidelines Wiki page

Posted by Daniel John Debrunner <dj...@apache.org>.
David W. Van Couvering wrote:

> See http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/TestRegressions, please feel free to
> edit or comment.

In the wiki:

> If necessary, a committer may take the matter into their own hands by directly
> contacting the person they believe is responsible for the regression
> or even vetoing all code commits that are not related to removing test
regressions.

I'm not sure we should be encouraging direct contact, that's a sure way
to take discussion off the list. Remember once a patch is contributed
it's Derby's patch, it does not belong to a specific person.

How about:

If necessary, a committer may take the matter into their own hands by
veto'ing and reverting the patch (commit-then-review), or even vetoing
all code commits that are not related to removing test regressions.

Dan.