Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org> on 2011/11/11 14:18:22 UTC

Release of IvyDE 2.2 beta ?

It's been a looooong time since we released IvyDE. Since we need to update the Eclipse update site, I would like to push a new release of IvyDE with it, so I can test live the release process together with the publication on the new p2 repository.

I would like to flag it as beta, since its been a long time we released it, lot's of stuff have been implemented [1] and there was some refactoring in there, namely IVYDE-56 [2] and IVYDE-177 [3]. Whereas I has always nicely for my usecase, it may be not for everybody. I hope we'll have a 2.2 final not a year ahead but only of few month. :)

Before doing the actual release, the documentation needs to be updated, the screenshots need to looks like how the UI is in trunk. With that I'll also fix the branding issue in the short description where Apache IvyDE needs to be a adjective and not an noun [4]. So instead of:
Apache IvyDE is the Eclipse plugin which integrates Apache Ivy's dependency management into Eclipse.
We'll have:
The Apache IvyDE Eclipse plugin integrates Apache Ivy's dependency management into Eclipse.

Do you agree ?

Nicolas

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12310640&version=12315245
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-56
[3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE-177
[4] http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs.html#naming

Re: Release of IvyDE 2.2 beta ?

Posted by Neil Miller <ne...@gmail.com>.
I would really love to see this get released, and agree that beta sounds
about right. We've been hoping for it, for the ${ivyproject_loc}
variable, and have been occasionally testing the nightlies, but having
issues with "resolve in workspace" on those. When the beta is up, I'll
give it a test and file a bug for it if we still have the issue.

Neil